I can tell you how much I love this recipe for fish. It is great on a piece of baked salmon but really it can go on a lot of different types of fish filets. The original root source of this recipe is unknown but it is a recipe that we have had in our kitchen for years. Making is is super easy. I prepare the pesto with the small insert of our food processor or you may use a small food processor or blender.
The pesto sauce is as follows:
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of oregano (4-tablespoons of fresh minced garlic if you have it)
- 8 tablespoons of minced parsley (I prefer curly parsley)
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon (or less) of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced.
Put all the ingredients , except the lemon juice, into the food processor/blender and blend a little. Then add the lemon juice and blend again. Again I use the food processor but if you use the blender you may not want to blend it too much. Now you are done. Easy right?
Just spoon the pesto over the fish and you have a very tasty meal. It is very good with baked salmon. Truth be told I like haveing extra pesto to put over vegetables, such as asparagus, and I even will put some pesto on a baked potato but that’s just me.
You must try this recipe. I hope you like it as much as I do.
Visit the home page here.